Friday, March 5, 2010

LUNGS ~ Florence and the Machine































Quite an astonishing discovery, Florence and the Machine with her new album LUNGS. Florence Welch, a fearless singer songwriter from London, she dances on stage and writes like she is possessed. From a world of her own, she rocks her restless demons and channels fables about sex, violence, guilt and mortality, at other times one can escape into the wilderness feeling one with the soul and blood running through the veins. I've been enraptured!


Her writings are just brilliant:
“Between Two Lungs”
Between two lungs it was released
The breath that passed from you to me
That flew between us as we slept
That slipped from your mouth into mine
It crept between two lungs. It was released/ 

“Howl”
My fingers claw your skin, try to tear my way in
You are the moon that breaks the night for which I have to howl.
SHARE:

No comments

Blog Design Created by pipdig