Wednesday, January 7, 2009

A Haunting Collaboration

I have met some lovely friends through etsy, alot of them through creating custom banners for their shops, it is always surprising how work turns into friendship even though it is only through internet communication. One darling doll is Jess L. Schnabel, an illustrator and jewelry revampress from Blood Milk Jewelry

Over the past few months, I have gotten to know her through etsy convos. She recently asked me to do a collaboration painting with her based on my Skeleton Krew™ Collection. Finally searching around I found this lovely portrait for the base of the painting, I shall call her Emily for now, until she get a formal name. She is quite impressive, this antique portrait is from the early 1900s; as is the oval wooden plaster frame with antique glass. There are lovely clouds in the background with her stringy hair floating in the air. 

Nevertheless, she has turned into a creepy little lady with a skeleton face and and buldging blue eyes, she is soon to be met with the lovely Jess. I will be traveling up to Philly this weekend, with my side kick Alison from Spool Design. I am going to hand off the painting to Jess, who will then finish the painting for her art show at the topsitch gallery/boutique on the Feb 6th, the first friday of the month.

I am in awe of Jess' unique style and look forward to seeing what brilliance she adds to the painting. In celebration of her art show, she will be our featured artist for RHC Findings for the whole month of February. 

Photobucket
SHARE:

4 comments

Evil Lily said...

The portrait is gorgeous! I look forward to the finished artwork.

Frankie said...

Wow, this is great! x

SusiePrue said...

can't wait to see the finished product! i adore the skeleton krew collection and can't wait to have one of them move into my home. someday it will happen...

thanks so much for your sweet words on my blog - it means a lot to me. you know i'm rooting for you as well and follow the blog and your store religiously. woo hoo! blog sisters unite!

(also, my friend shawn lost almost 100lbs on ww. it changed his life for the better. keep us posted on your progress. i'm thinking about doing it when my $$ situation is resolved.)

bloodmilk. said...

i'm excited for this.
xox

Blog Design Created by pipdig