Tuesday, April 28, 2009

BURIED TREASURE IDEAS: Fawn Sweet Heart!

I love the outdoors and wish I was an animal myself, with retro vintage and up-cycling ideas you can bring the woodlands into your home or create an adorable ensemble. There is nothing cutter than big eyed fawns; more and more woodland animals have become all the rage, ranging from owls, birds, bunnies and squirrels. And who cannot forget Bambi, here are four finds that will have you saying "Oh, DEER"!























R E T R O   F I N D S:

1) One of my favorite things to do on etsy is perusse through the vintage section, there is never a time where I don't find something I want to buy. Today I found this adorable Vintage 1950s Deer Lamp Shade from Coming Up Roses, wouldn't this lamp shade go perfectly in a woodland themed child's room? Imagine miniature statues of animals all lined on a shelf and embroidered blankets with feathers and a sneaky fox. You can build a room, just by  having one retro find to stir up some ideas.

2) Sweet and spicy: these Vintage Wooden Deer and Mouse Salt and Pepper Shakers from Cozy Studio, are just so darn cute. Right out of the 1950s, this pair would go perfectly in a collection of other S&P shakers or even on top of your bistro table welcoming you every morning.

D E E R I N G   A C C E S S O R I E S:

~ 3) Revamp the old and put your very own spin on a retro find, that is why I love this Up-cycled red Vintage Quilted Cluth / Purse With Black Doe from Get Red Set Clutch. You can find the cutest silhouetted animals for every gal, ranging from bold red to twinkling silver. Do you have a simple accessory at home, you can jazz it up by adding a darling brooch or even be creative by doodling silly words or your own woodland scene.

~ 4) This one-of-a-kind Black Fawn in the Forest Necklace from Shup (G), is truly unique, from an ordinary wooden animal to a new painted bold and bright delicate fawn. The fawn sits amongst white lace flowers and a hint of sparkle. Bring out the kid in you with your creations, try using vintage miniature toys to make a necklace or fabulous key chain, how about a black plastic horse matched with a red silk ribbon?

I hope you've enjoyed these Fawn Sweet Heart ideas, you these ideas or if you have any ideas of your own, don't be shy we'd love to hear them! Stay tuned next time for more Buried Treasure Ideas!
SHARE:

3 comments

shupg said...

thanks for featuring my fawn necklace :) I'm glad I found your blog, adding to my list of blogs to follow!

Alicia @ boylerpf said...

All great and "Deer" items!

GetReadySetGO said...

awe- i'm SO honored to have my sister shop featured here. these are great finds and your blog is FANTASTIC! following you now:) thanks tons!

Blog Design Created by pipdig