Tuesday, May 5, 2009

A Pleasant SUNDAY!

HOW WAS YOUR WEEKEND?
Sunday was a lovely day, my friend Alison from Spool Design and I ventured to the Brandywine River Museum in Chadds Ford, PA to go see the new Edward Gorey exhibit. It was quite stunning, seeing all the detail in his quirky illustrations along with humorous text that was matched with them. Later, we hit up a couple "expensive" antique stores, however I did find a couple of great finds that called my name. I found a replica of a phrenology porcelain ink well, a couple cabinet cards and an original mourning card in silver lettering on a thick black card stock, I was super excited!

In the afternoon, I spent the rest of the day at my pop's house in West Grove, PA and organized and shot all my new finds from the flea market on Saturday. I originally thought it would take one hour to shoot but it took two hours, because with me I always get off the track. I began randomly photographing things around me, I decided to carry my grandmother's old embroidered chair into the wilderness and around the property. I carried it downstairs, down a hill and into a field to where this bright pink cherry blossom tree grows; I even ruined my vintage favorite suede boots, from all the wet grass. I used my mother's broken baby doll as a subject and even took some pics of myself for fun. It was all shits and giggles, until I had to carry the chair, the doll and my camera back the up the hill, up the stairs and in the door. However, I had a blast and it is funny how time flies when you are having fun!

SHARE:

3 comments

Alicia @ boylerpf said...

Great pics...and a good memory too! I know exactly what you mean about fun going down but tough going back up...especially carrying a chair!

Pam said...

Very cool!!! It's all fun...until clean up time, lol!

LenoreNeverM♡re said...

I can certainly relate to this story... Great photograph!

Blog Design Created by pipdig