Monday, June 14, 2010

Relic of the White Rabbit Locket























N E W   A R R I V A L
Relic of the White Rabbit Locket
An all time obsession of mine since a child have been rabbits, just something about them are so innocent and pure. In my lifetime I've had about five as pets, at one time three living in my Queens apartment. Something about their mannerisms and their fluffy hair seems to remind me of childhood dreams and long walks in forrest. I recently created a necklace in honor of my obsession, featuring pressed white hair inside a clear glass locket. An ode to the white rabbit, who Renaissance painters used as the symbol of chastity and purity, however in many Native American story traditions, trickster tales featured the rabbit amongst the clever Coyote or Raven.



SHARE:

No comments

Blog Design Created by pipdig