Monday, November 23, 2009

Robert the Haunted Doll

During my travels and collecting odds & ends, I often wonder if there is a story behind them and could they we cursed with spirit or bad omen from it's previous home. I believe in possession and cursed objects, sometimes I find myself thinking twice about certain objects like dolls, portraits or objects from funerals, but sometimes the beauty and mystic of them come first. 

Today I found this interesting story of Robert the Haunted Doll, he sits at about 3ft tall and is said to be cursed by black magic and made with human hair that has turned white from age. The dark story began near the turn of the 20th century, over the years he has tormented many and to this day he sits at the Martello Museum in Key West, surrounded by letters of people asking to take the curse off. 

Stop by the Gothic Tea Society to read about his story; it gave me chills.
SHARE:

No comments

Blog Design Created by pipdig