Thursday, June 2, 2011

Are You a Rocker Girl?

I remember my teens like they were yesterday, isolation from the world was the be all, end all, locking myself in my bedroom, and threading my life with the roots of my appreciation for all that rocked. My walls were taped with images of the group Pantera, ripped right out of Metal Edge; my sanctuary. I also worshipped the music of Type O Negative, Life of Agony, Faith No More and Sabbath just to name a few, the emotion that ran through my body was indescribable and still is today. It was that foundation that I grew from, deep down I am still much the same girl as I was 10 years ago. I asked myself the other day as I was driving on the back roads listening to Delirious Nomand by Armored Saint, what would I do without music? I'm not sure the answer, would their be a substitute? This is what life is about, music of the past and new discovery a new band, playing the shit out of their cd and enjoying life. As I'm older now I see my younger kin like me, not afraid to express what they love, it is quite beautiful! The attitude, passion and expression of the underground brings forth the creation of the Rocker Girl earrings, a combination of sweet and sassy that define what it is to be yourself.
SHARE:

1 comment

dd said...

Love these, Leila.

Blog Design Created by pipdig