Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Overdue Books Discovery

Ever wonder what happens to forgotten books from the library? Well last year I ventured to the Art Star Craft Bazaar in Philly and stumbled upon Overdue Industries, who create journals from recycled books, most include the original stamped library card and the original pages are spotted throughout making each journal one of a kind. At the time I was so overwhelmed with happiness, because I wanted to buy so many of my childhood favorites. I ended buying only one, called Rip Van Winkle & the Legend of Sleepy Hollow. I bought it for one reason, an illustration of a man wearing a pumpkin as a head. This drawing is going to be the an inspiration for a new tattoo, I've always wanted something related to Halloween, due to the fact I was born on mischief night and drawn to the dark and dreary. With added touches of skeleton hands, glowing lantern and webbing, this will make the perfect piece.
SHARE:

No comments

Blog Design Created by pipdig