Monday, December 8, 2008

Pray For My Little Birdie!


UPDATE: Nikki, my bird is doing much better, she is eating and moving around. Even came out and sat on the swing. Thank you everyone for your prayers and thinking of her. It is truly appreciate and I thank you from the depths of my heart. LM

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

So this evening I had plans to work at home and getting some jewelry shipped off and get some new listings done for my online shop. Well I was enjoying my Cappriotties sub and my cat Randal Flag was trying to steal some meat.

When all of a sudden I saw the cat jump off the desk and attack my bird cage, my two birds Mic Jagger and Nicita went flying, the cat jumped and caught the female bird in his mouth and tried running off with it, he ran and took it out into the hall. I went after him and I kicked him and got the bird and quickly put her in the bathroom. I yelled at the cat and shut the office door to keep Jagger in. Oh my god I was freaking out, I didn't know what to do. So I went into the bathroom and the bird was on the sink there was a couple blood pools, surely lost alot of blood. I grabbed a towel and tried catching her, and she flew on the wall, the shower curtain, and then to the window curtains getting blood everywhere. It was like a murder scene in my bathroom. I finally grabbed the bird and held her and put the towel on the wound, seemed the cat ate part of her tail. I put her back in the cage and it took me a half hour to catch Jagger in the room, finally with a plastic bag.

Oh the poor soul, what is Jagger to do without his little wifey, they have been together for about 10 years, had some kids about 6 over the years, they are long gone and now it is just the two of them, like two old fogies. Seems I left the clip off of the lock and they opened the door. I don't blame them wanting to escape. But Nikki seems to be doing ok, she ate and is in the little house with Jagger.

This is some tragic accident, we must all pray for little Nikki, let's hope she gets better and doesn't die during the night.

Photobucket
Nikki on the left, and Jagger on the right.

The alleged assailant when he was 2 months old. Never knew Flag would grow up to be an attempted murderer.
Photobucket
SHARE:

4 comments

Anonymous said...

Candles were lit...how are things?

Leila Marvel said...

Thank you so much for thinking of my bird Nikki. She is doing much better, she is eating and comes out of her box. I think the cat ate some of the tail but it must of not been a large spot. I appreciate the candles very much.

Anonymous said...

Awww, your cat is so cute! I'm sorry he tried to eat ur birdies :/

bloodmilk. said...

I'm sorry to hear about your bird! but I'm glad it's doing better!
xoxo

Blog Design Created by pipdig