Monday, March 16, 2009

Buried Treasure at the Local Flea Market


This past weekend was my first visit back to the Newcastle Farmer's Market, not only can you find all American beef jerky and the best fruit by the basket; it is a one stop flea market that holds hidden buried treasure. Alison from Spool and I spent about four hours there on Saturday, I spent almost $100, and that was practically all on jewelry, however I did come away with three vintage scarves, vintage cabinet cards and an antique concrete fawn for my yard.

Check out the mess I had to work out when I got home, but boy did I find some great things. The wonderful thing about flea markets is that the more you buy in pounds the cheaper it is. We actually found a couple of jackpot tables, all with ladies hunched around sorting through vintage earrings and chains all tangled. That's right at this one table, I must of collected 65 things in my basket, 10 bucks, can you believe. And this one lady recognized us from last year, she had dog gone and reached under the table and pulled out bags of vintage jewelry to sort through; my dream come true.

I just love when it gets warm out, I know there is going to be more where that came from. After I got home I spent an hour or so before I cleaned all the pieces and organized them into groups. Everything from classic hollywood, to whimsical garden assortments; I took some time and photographed them.

This week I will show you how to combine flea market treasure with etsy finds.
SHARE:

2 comments

Cheryl said...

I can just see that lady reaching under the table and adding to your treasure when she recognized you.... funny!

bloodmilk. said...

I'm so jealous!
xoxo

Blog Design Created by pipdig