Thursday, September 24, 2009

Relic of the White Rabbit

Ever since I was a child, I've always admired the White Rabbit from Alice in Wonderland, such clumsy fellow behaving like a true gentleman. My love for the animal started when I was about eight years old, when I picked out my first pet bunny named Peter, very original name I must say. When I lived in my apartment in Queens, I couldn't pass up two sibling bunnies I found at the local pet shop, and after about 6 months my collection grew. At one point I had three running around eating my wires and shitting, my roommates weren't thrilled of course. I eventually gave them away to a good home and later bought a baby white floppy eared rabbit, I named Thumperette. She currently lives up at my pop's house in PA, she is so fat and cute, I love it!

Inspired by my childhood stories and favorite tales, I've created a curiosity to adorn your neck, a small token of steampunk, fairy tales and the white rabbit himself. The Relic of the White Rabbit Necklace is an ode to my love for these creatures, and features spun white rabbit hair inside of a vintage glass perfume vial. Lace and pearls top off this lovely relic and it is adorned with an aged clock hand, to be reminded of the ticking hand of death's arrival.


SHARE:

No comments

Blog Design Created by pipdig